Saturday, September 8, 2012

we all fall down

As long as smoke rushed out the chimney,
I would hold my breath.
No gumdrops lined the windows.
No candy canes stood guard as fencing.
A witch’s house, yes,
But no Hansel nor Gretel
To make the tale full of fairies.

I don’t know how to tell you
My heart feels confused.
I don’t know if there’s a secret lock somewhere
Because my hands are empty
Without any key.

You stretch great sheets of paper
Up to the top of the two story building
And proclaim it won’t be enough.
Disaster rolls in with the rain,
Making the paper cry with wetness.
Falling apart.

I fall apart with your arms nowhere to be found.
No big deal,
But I'm doing it alone.

Far and gone.
Gone and far.
You cannot come out
Come out wherever you are.
Where have you gone so far?

No comments: